Earlier this week Burrell announced a top three, in no order, of Ohio State, Penn State, and Tennessee. This came just a few days after spending the weekend in Happy Valley and attending the Whiteout on Saturday against Ohio State. For a long time Ohio State has appeared to be the leader to land Burrell, but Penn State appears to be gaining ground and fast. Remember, Steven Gonzalez and Mike Gesicki both appeared to be Ohio State locks before committing to Penn State.
The timing of this is also interesting. As I said above, it seemed Burrell would announce late in the process but just a few days after attending the Whiteout game this news broke. It could be that he was extremely blown away during his visit, which according to every report he was, and has decided Penn State is the place for him. It is also possible that after the visit he now knows that he prefers Ohio State over Penn State.
|L-R: Jenkins, Stevens, Franklin, and Burrell.|
I still expect Burrell to commit to Ohio State. However, after this past weekend along with the timing of his decision to commit I feel much more confident he could go to Penn State. Prior to the past week I would have put it at a 90% chance of him committing to the Buckeyes and only 10% for the Nittany Lions. After this past week though I would change that to 60-40, maybe even 55-45. There are also people who are a lot closer to the situation than I am and know a lot more than I do that expect him to commit to Penn State. Keep an eye on this in the coming days, because the Nittany Lions might be about to land a massive commitment. If the Nittany Lions do land Burrell, they could be shaping up to have the best offensive line in the country in the near future with Jenkins, Gonzalez, Burrell, and Ryan Bates. Now that would be a pleasant change from the present day situation.